This page gives advice about how you can make a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act (2000).
As a publicly funded body, EKC Group is committed to conducting its business in an ethical and transparent manner. The Group’s Publications Schedule provides details about the information that is available. This includes information about:
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What our priorities are and how we are doing
- How we make decisions
- Lists and registers
- The services we offer
If information is not included in the Publications Schedule, members of the public may submit a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act (2000) via FOI@eastkent.ac.uk
Requests for information must be made in writing and all requests will be responded to within 20 working days.
Please note that we cannot make information available if any of the following circumstances apply:
- We do not hold the information.
- The disclosure is prevented by law, or exempt under the Freedom of Information Act or is otherwise considered to be protected from disclosure.
- Information in a draft form.
- Information is no longer readily available.
- If the cost of complying with the request exceeds the designated appropriate limit of £450.
We will not normally charge for requests for information but where the cost of complying with a request involves excessive time to research and collate the information, we will apply a direct labour charge of £25 per hour. If the request involves sending copies of documents via post we will charge 10 pence per copy plus VAT and postage. In all such circumstances, we will advise the requestor of the estimated.