Search form


We all want our College to be a safe and secure place for everyone to work and learn together.

Safeguarding is about our legal duty and moral obligation to ensure that the welfare  of all young people and all vulnerable adults is promoted. It means that all staff are trained to provide help as soon as possible, always act in the best interest of the young person and know about systems to make referrals. 

  • In relation to young people and vulnerable adults, safeguarding means:
  • Protection from harm
  • Preventing impairment of young people ‘s health or development
  • Making sure that the environment is safe and provides effective care
  • Take action to make sure that the best outcomes can be achieved

Safeguarding action may be needed to protect young people and vulnerable adults from any forms of neglect, physical abuse, sexual abuse or emotional abuse. A fuller list can be found in “Working Together to Safeguard Children” (DfE latest update September 2016)

Safeguarding is not just about protecting young people and vulnerable adults from deliberate harm, neglect and failure to act. It relates to broader aspects of care and education, including:

  • learners’ health and safety and well-being, including their mental health
  • meeting the needs of learners who have special educational needs and/or disabilities
  • the use of reasonable force
  • meeting the needs of learners with medical conditions
  • providing first aid
  • educational visits
  • intimate care and emotional well-being
  • online safety  and associated issues
  • appropriate arrangements to ensure  learners’ security, taking into account the local context

What do I do if I or someone I know has a concern about Safeguarding?

Tell someone. Any student or visitor can approach any member of staff anytime about Safeguarding and they will listen to you sensitively and act upon what you say.

The College has procedures in place to investigate and deal with any safeguarding concerns and we take these very seriously.

If you have concerns about your well-being or that of others please share them with ; a member of staff on the list,  your personal tutor, any tutor or any member of staff.

How can I contact someone?

You can contact a Safeguarding Officer by calling 01843 605005. 

The phone is manned between 8.30 and 5.00 Monday to Thursday and 8.30 to 4.30 Friday. Out of hours please report to County Central Duty:  03000 41 11 11 or out of office hours  03000 41 91 91, Police non-emergency 101, emergency 999 and if risk of sexual exploitation ring 101 Police quoting ‘’Operation Willow’’

If Over 18 then please contact SHOUT who are excellent for all ages.  If you would prefer to text, support is available from SHOUT, the 24/7 UK text service for people in crisis, on 85258. You can find out more about their service on the SHOUT website.