Group - Changing your HE course
Search form

Changing your HE course

At the end of the year / For the beginning of the next year

If you wish to change your course at the end of the academic year or to transfer from another HE provider, for entry into Year 2 of one of our HNDs, you will need to apply through UCAS.

The normal application process will then be implemented. You will need a minimum of 120 credits to enter into Year 2.

Your previous achievements will be assessed during the application process. You may also be eligible for the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). The RPL policy can be found here.

Transfers mid-year

External students who wish to transfer from another institution, should apply through Clearing if they change before the end of the relevant UCAS cycle, usually by the October.

Transfers from another institution after this deadline should contact the HE team who will put them in contact with the relevant programme leader who will assess previous achievements, including the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).

Internal students who wish to change their course during the academic year, will need to discuss this with their course tutor and the programme leader of the course they wish to transfer to.

If both approve, they will sign a form which is then checked by the HE team. The transfer will be implemented by the relevant College Services.

Please remember that course changes may have an effect on any student finance received from Student Finance England. They will also need to be informed.

Any questions and queries?

Contact our higher education team