Group - Applying for Higher Education
Search form

Applying for Higher Education

Applications for higher education programmes with EKC Group should all be directed through the University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) online system. It is no longer possible to apply in paper form.


Using UCAS to Apply

Before you can begin your application you first need to register with the UCAS Apply system.  When you have completed the form you will need to send the application to your referee who will check and approve the application. This, together with their reference, will then be sent to UCAS. The UCAS website provides step-by-step guidance for making an application.

If you are not applying through a school or college you will need to answer a set of eligibility questions before you can start your application. You will also need to supply a reference from someone who knows you well enough to be able to write about you.

The good news is that this form does not have to be completed in one go. You will be able to use your username and password to log onto your application form and update it as many times as you need. Once it is sent through you will not be able to change it or add any more information.

When to apply

The initial deadline for applications is usually in January however, if you cannot quite make up your mind then don't worry. Although some of our programmes may fill up quickly, some of our courses do consider late applications where possible if places are still available.

Searching for courses

A number of our top-up degrees are offered through our partner universities, you can find out if your course is partnered with a local university by finding your course from this list (University of Kent, code K24).

Other programmes are offered directly through the College (identified by the UCAS Institution Code of C12). For these programmes, you can also search for Canterbury College or Broadstairs College depending on which campus your course is being taught at.

(Information about application, accepted offers and achievement can be found here).

Register with UCAS

Changing your course or provider

If you wish to change your course at the end of the academic year or to transfer from another HE provider mid-year please read our guidance on changing your course.