The Government recently asked that Colleges develop plans to reopen for some students. This is expected, subject to Government approval, to happen on 1 June. We have been working to develop plans to do this, and you can read more about these plans and how it might affect you on this page.
However, we are still delivering most of our learning to students remotely, and whilst lockdown restrictions might have been relaxed it is important you all remain alert. You may also still have queries about how we are working for students who aren't going to attend College if it reopens. Please see below for some additional advice:
- If you can stay at home safely, we would ask that you do so;
- Ashford College, Dover Technical College, Broadstairs College, Canterbury College, Folkestone College and Sheppey College are currently closed to staff and students. However, we are planning to reopen to some students. If you have any queries about the College closures, or if you are the child of a key worker or you are a vulnerable student and would still like to access College, you can contact your respective College via the email address or phone numbers below;
- Our Colleges will remain open for students who cannot safely stay at home, with staff ready to help support you;
- For students who are remaining at home, your curriculum department will be in touch with you, and will be able to give you clear instructions on how they will maintain your learning. We would expect you to keep working, and try to engage with any teaching delivered for you as much as possible
Part time and short course students:
Unfortunately we have had to postpone our upcoming short and part time courses. If you have booked onto a short course or were already attending sessions, please see below to find out more:
- If your course has not yet started, we will defer the course start date and you will be notified when new dates have been decided. Alternatively you can request a refund if you would prefer to do so. You can do this directly through Eventbrite if that was the system you used to place your order;
- If your course has already started and has been cancelled as a result of coronavirus, we are committed to continuing the course when we are able to do so and will notify you when your course is running again.
You can stay up to date with the latest changes via our social media platforms, and also through this webpage.
Although some of our Colleges may be closed, we are still here to support all of our students. Should you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact our local College teams on the numbers and emails below: