Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs Level 2 (DL)
This qualification aims to raise awareness of:
The role of the mental health worker,
The process and approaches involved in the care and support of those who experience mental ill-health.
The objective of this qualification is:
To give learners working, or intending to work in a health or social care context, an understanding of approaches to supporting those with mental health needs. It will also enable learners to progress to other qualifications in health care and social care.
On completion you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification,
- Evidence your competency to employers,
- Further your personal and professional development,
- Gain an understanding of risk factors which may affect the mental wellbeing of children and young people,
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
What will I learn?
- Unit 01 Understand the role of the mental health worker,
- Unit 02 Mental health and mental health issues,
- Unit 03 Understand duty of care in adult health and social care,
- Unit 04 Approaches to care and management in mental health,
- Unit 05 Understanding change and support in relation to mental health.
How will I be assessed?
Students complete an online assessment which is internally assessed.
What may it lead to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 Award in Substance Misuse
- Level 2 Award in Awareness of Dementia
- Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England.
- The learner must be 19 years old or over,
- The learner must live in England,
- The learner must not be in full-time education,
- The learner must have had permanent lawful residency in the UK/EU for the last three consecutive years,
- Students must have access to the internet and be able to communicate at Level 1.
Additional Information & Other Costs
Our online courses have various start dates throughout the year, contact us for more information on the next available start date. Please contact Sharon Ventin on 01227 811 156 for more information. There are no fees for this course, however, a withdrawal fee of £200 is charged for learners that enrol onto a course and fail to complete without genuine reason.