Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties Level 2 (DL)
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge of different Specific Learning Difficulties, how they are diagnosed and how individuals can be supported. The qualification can be used by a wide range of learners looking to improve their knowledge and awareness in this subject area.
On completion you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification,
- Evidence your competency to employers,
- Further your personal and professional development,
- Gain an understanding of how Specific Learning,
- Difficulties affect an individual’s life and those of others,
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
What will I learn?
- Unit 1 - Understand Specific Learning Difficulties,
- Unit 2 - Understand the Effects of Specific Learning Difficulties,
- Unit 3 - Understand the Diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties,
- Unit 4 - Understanding Supporting Individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties,
- Unit 5 - Understand the Context of Specific Learning Difficulties.
How will I be assessed?
All units will be individually internally assessed using a range of methods. See Section 4 for further information.
What may it lead to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities,
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England,
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism,
- Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities,
- Level 2 and 3 Certificates in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools,
- Level 2 and 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce,
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Children and Young People’s Speech, Language and Communication.
- The learner must be 19 years old or over,
- The learner must live in UK,
- The learner must not be in full-time education,
- The learner must have had permanent lawful residency in the UK/EU for the last three consecutive years,
- Students must have access to the internet and be able to communicate at Level 1 in English.
Additional Information & Other Costs
- Our online courses have various start dates throughout the year, contact us for more information on the next available start date. Please contact Sharon Ventin on 01227 811 156 for more information. There are no fees for this course, however, a withdrawal fee of £200 is charged for learners that enrol onto a course and fail to complete without genuine reason.