Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2 (DL)
This qualification aims to:
Increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health,
Increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet,
Provide an understanding of how an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life,
Provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels,
Provide information on eating disorders,
Increase understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight management,
Increase understanding of the principles of food safety in a home environment.
The objectives of this qualification are to:
- Give learners working in, or intending to work in, settings such as sport and recreation, exercise and fitness, hospitality and catering or healthcare an understanding of nutrition and health, to support their role in the workplace.
- Enable learners to progress to other qualifications in this subject area, or within the wider area of healthcare, sport and leisure or hospitality and catering.
On completion you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification,
- Evidence your competency to employers,
- Further your personal and professional development,
- Gain an understanding of risk factors which may affect the mental wellbeing of children and young people,
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
What will I learn?
- Unit 01 Explore principles of healthy eating,
- Unit 02 Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals,
- Unit 03 Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet,
- Unit 04 The principles of weight management,
- Unit 05 Understanding eating disorders,
- Unit 06 Principles of food safety for the home environment.
How will I be assessed?
Learners will complete an online assessment which is internally assessed.
What may it lead to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care,
- Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector,
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Health & Social Care,
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Health (Clinical Healthcare Support) (England),
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Catering and Professional Chefs – Food Production and Cookery,
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Catering and Professional Chefs – Professional Cookery.
- The learner must be 19 years old or over,
- The learner must live in UK,
- The learner must not be in full-time education,
- The learner must have had permanent lawful residency in the UK/EU for the last three consecutive years,
- Students must have access to the internet and be able to communicate at Level 1 in English.
Additional Information & Other Costs
Our online courses have various start dates throughout the year, contact us for more information on the next available start date. Please contact Sharon Ventin on 01227 811 156 for more information. There are no fees for this course, however, a withdrawal fee of £200 is charged for learners that enrol onto a course and fail to complete without genuine reason.