Certificate in Understanding Excellence in Customer Service for Hospitality Level 2 (DL)
This qualification is designed for learners who are looking to enter, or progress within, employment in the hospitality sector. It will enable learners to develop knowledge and understanding of excellence in customer service for the hospitality sector.
This qualification will enable learners to develop an understanding of:
- Communicating with customers in the hospitality sector,
- Teamwork in the hospitality sector,
- Professional standards and personal development,
- Legislation and regulations relating to customer service delivery in the hospitality sector.
On completion you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification,
- Evidence your competency to employers,
- Further your personal and professional development,
- Know about food allergy and intolerance requirements,
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
What will I learn?
- Unit 1 - Principles of Customer Service in the Hospitality Sector,
- Unit 2 - Understand Effective Teamwork in the Hospitality Sector,
- Unit 3 - Understand Legislation and Guidance Relevant to the Hospitality Sector,
- Unit 4 - Understand Professional Personal Standards in the Hospitality Sector.
How will I be assessed?
Students complete an online assessment which is internally assessed.
What may it lead to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Hospitality/catering apprenticeships,
- Level 3 Award in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Principles,
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership,
- Level 3 Certificate in Retail Knowledge,
- Level 3 Certificate in Professional Development for Hospitality and Tourism,
- Level 3 Certificate In Hospitality Retail Outlet Management,
- Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality.
The learner must be 19 years old or over,
- The learner must live in UK,
- The learner must not be in full-time education,
- The learner must have had permanent lawful residency in the UK/EU for the last three consecutive years,
- Students must have access to the internet and be able to communicate at Level 1 in English.
Additional Information & Other Costs
Our online courses have various start dates throughout the year, contact us for more information on the next available start date. Please contact Sharon Ventin on 01227 811 156 for more information. There are no fees for this course, however, a withdrawal fee of £200 is charged for learners that enrol onto a course and fail to complete without genuine reason.