Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care Level 2 (DL)
This qualification aims to assist learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principles of caring for those with dementia. It covers areas such as person-centred care, the influence of positive communication methods, issues relating to the use of medication for those with dementia and the importance of providing appropriate activities.
The objectives of this qualification are:
The qualification doesn't infer competence in the work role, but can be used to support the underpinning knowledge and understanding needed for those working in, or towards, a dementia care role.
On completion you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification,
- Evidence your competency to employers,
- Further your personal and professional development,
- Gain an understanding of risk factors which may affect the mental wellbeing of children and young people,
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
What will I learn?
- Unit 01 Dementia awareness,
- Unit 02 The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia,
- Unit 03 Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia,
- Unit 04 Understand equality, diversity, and inclusion in dementia care,
- Unit 05 Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach,
- Unit 06 Understand behaviour in the context of dementia,
- Unit 07 Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care.
How will I be assessed?
Students complete an online assessment which is internally assessed
What may it lead to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificates in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 3 Diplomas in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- The learner must be 19 years old or over,
- The learner must live in England,
- The learner must not be in full-time education,
- The learner must have had permanent lawful residency in the UK/EU for the last 3 consecutive years,
- Students must have access to the internet and be able to communicate at level 1.
Additional Information & Other Costs
Our online courses have various start dates throughout the year, contact us for more information on the next available start date. Please contact Sharon Ventin on 01227 811 156 for more information. There are no fees for this course, however, a withdrawal fee of £200 is charged for learners that enrol onto a course and fail to complete without genuine reason.