Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Level 2 (DL)
It aims to introduce knowledge around the following areas relating to working in adult social care:
Equality, diversity and inclusion,
Role of the social care worker,
Health and safety,
Duty of care,
On completion you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification,
- Evidence your competency to employers,
- Learn how to handle hazardous substances and medication,
- Further your personal and professional development,
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
What will I learn?
- Unit 1 - Principles of communication in adult social care settings,
- Unit 2 - Principles of personal development in adult social care settings,
- Unit 3 - Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings,
- Unit 4 - Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care,
- Unit 5 - Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings,
- Unit 6 - Understand the role of the social care worker,
- Unit 7 - Understand person-centred approaches in adult social care settings,
- Unit 8 - Understand health and safety in social care settings,
- Unit 9 - Understand how to handle information in social care settings.
How will I be assessed?
Students complete an online assessment which is internally assessed.
What may it lead to?
It is anticipated that learners who achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care will progress to either
- The Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care or
- The Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
- The learner must be 19 years old or over,
- The learner must live in UK,
- The learner must not be in full-time education,
- The learner must have had permanent lawful residency in the UK/EU for the last three consecutive years,
- Students must have access to the internet and be able to communicate at Level 1 in English.
Additional Information & Other Costs
Our online courses have various start dates throughout the year, contact us for more information on the next available start date. Please contact Sharon Ventin on 01227 811 156 for more information. There are no fees for this course, however, a withdrawal fee of £200 is charged for learners that enrol onto a course and fail to complete without genuine reason.