Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People Level 2 (DL)
This qualification will give learners a basic understanding of childcare and education, parenting and babysitting. It will also help them to make an informed choice about working with children and young people.
On completion you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification,
- Evidence your competency to employers,
- Further your personal and professional development,
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college,
- Improve your understanding of the importance of correctly responding to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused, harmed or bullied.
What will I learn?
- Unit 1 - Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people,
- Unit 2 - Introductory awareness of sensory loss,
- Unit 3 - Importance of play for early learning,
- Unit 4 - Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet,
- Unit 5 - The value of play to young children.
How will I be assessed?
Students complete an online assessment which is internally assessed.
What may it lead to?
On completion of the Certificate learners can progress to the Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce qualification.
There is the opportunity to achieve two Award-sized qualifications (Level 2 Award in Babysitting and Level 2 Award in Preparation for the Responsibilities of Parenting) on the way to completing the Certificate and to progress to a Diploma if more learning is required. This offers the opportunity to be certificated for four qualifications in total.
- The learner must be 19 years old or over,
- The learner must live in UK,
- The learner must not be in full-time education,
- The learner must have had permanent lawful residency in the UK/EU for the last three consecutive years,
- Students must have access to the internet and be able to communicate at Level 1 in English.
Additional Information & Other Costs
Our online courses have various start dates throughout the year, contact us for more information on the next available start date. Please contact Sharon Ventin on 01227 811 156 for more information. There are no fees for this course, however, a withdrawal fee of £200 is charged for learners that enrol onto a course and fail to complete without genuine reason.