Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance Level 2 (DL)
This qualification aims to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of the key principles of information, advice or guidance and applying these within their own context.
The objectives of this qualification are:
To prepare learners for further training and to support a role where learners may give initial information, advice or guidance to others.
On completion you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification,
- Evidence your competency to employers,
- Further your personal and professional development,
- Gain an understanding of risk factors which may affect the mental wellbeing of children and young people,
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
What will I learn?
- Unit 01 Information, advice or guidance in practice,
- Unit 02 Developing interaction skills for information, advice or guidance.
- Unit 03 Signposting and referral in information, advice or guidance,
- Unit 04 Information, advice or guidance - context,
- Unit 05 Skills for advice providers,
- Unit 06 Benefits advice work - practice,
- Unit 07 Managing information,
- Unit 08 Specialist advice work in practice - housing,
- Unit 09 Specialist advice work in practice - debt,
- Unit 10 Specialist advice work in practice - employment,
- Unit 11 Specialist advice work in practice - refugee, immigrant or asylum seeker,
- Unit 12 Information, advice or guidance in schools and colleges,
- Unit 13 Information, advice or guidance work with groups,
- Unit 14 Operating within networks to support information, advice or guidance,
How will I be assessed?
Learners will complete an online assessment which is internally assessed.
- The learner must be 19 years old or over,
- The learner must live in UK,
- The learner must not be in full-time education,
- The learner must have had permanent lawful residency in the UK/EU for the last three consecutive years,
- Students must have access to the internet and be able to communicate at Level 1 in English.
Additional Information & Other Costs
Our online courses have various start dates throughout the year, contact us for more information on the next available start date. Please contact Sharon Ventin on 01227 811 156 for more information. There are no fees for this course, however, a withdrawal fee of £200 is charged for learners that enrol onto a course and fail to complete without genuine reason.