Certificate in Customer Service for Health and Social Care Settings Level 2 (DL)
This qualification is designed to enable learners to develop the knowledge and understanding required to work with customers within the health and social care sector. 'Customers' in this context refers to internal and external customers including people who use services, their supporters, visitors, health professionals and providers of other services. 'Employee' refers to a range of jobs roles both health and social care specific and non-specific i.e. receptionist, cleaner, retail assistant. This qualification will focus on the study of customer service in health and social care.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners:
- Develop an awareness of customer service in health and social care,
- Understand how to communicate effectively in a health and social care setting,
- Understand the needs of customers who access health and social care services,
- Understand teamwork in health and social care settings.
On completion you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification,
- Evidence your competency to employers,
- Further your personal and professional development,
- Gain an understanding of risk factors which may affect the mental wellbeing of children and young people,
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
What will I learn?
- Unit 01 Preparing to deliver customer service in health and social care settings,
- Unit 02 Effective communication for health and social care,
- Unit 03 Understand the specific needs of customers accessing health and social care services,
- Unit 04 Teamwork in health and social care settings.
How will I be assessed?
Learners will complete an online assessment which is internally assessed.
What may it lead to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions,
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems,
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working in the Health Sector,
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England.
- The learner must be 19 years old or over,
- The learner must live in UK,
- The learner must not be in full-time education,
- The learner must have had permanent lawful residency in the UK/EU for the last three consecutive years,
- Students must have access to the internet and be able to communicate at Level 1 in English.
Additional Information & Other Costs
Our online courses have various start dates throughout the year, contact us for more information on the next available start date. Please contact Sharon Ventin on 01227 811 156 for more information. There are no fees for this course, however, a withdrawal fee of £200 is charged for learners that enrol onto a course and fail to complete without genuine reason.