Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 2 (DL)
This qualification aims to:
Introduce learners to the use of counselling skills in everyday life and work and some of the approaches that underpin the use of these skills.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- Develop counselling skills,
- Understand the different approaches involved in the use of counselling skills,
- Appreciate the importance of self-development.
On completion you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification,
- Evidence your competency to employers,
- Improve your understanding of how counselling skills work,
- Further your personal and professional development,
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
What will I learn?
- Unit 1 - Using counselling skills,
- Unit 2 - Introduction to counselling skills theories,
- Unit 3 - Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills,
- Unit 4 - Counselling skills and personal development.
How will I be assessed?
This qualification is internally assessed and externally quality assured.
What may it lead to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory,
- Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills.
- The learner must be 19 years old or over,
- The learner must live in UK,
- The learner must not be in full-time education,
- The learner must have had permanent lawful residency in the UK/EU for the last three consecutive years,
- Students must have access to the internet and be able to communicate at Level 1 in English.
Additional Information & Other Costs
Our online courses have various start dates throughout the year, contact us for more information on the next available start date. Please contact Sharon Ventin on 01227 811 156 for more information. There are no fees for this course, however, a withdrawal fee of £200 is charged for learners that enrol onto a course and fail to complete without genuine reason.