Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2 (DL)
This qualification aims to raise awareness of mental health and a range of mental health problems.
The objective of this qualification is:
To develop the learners understanding of a range of mental health problems, which could be used to support their role in the workplace or where they may work or interact with individuals with mental health problems.
On completion you will:
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification,
- Evidence your competency to employers,
- Further your personal and professional development,
- Gain an understanding of risk factors which may affect the mental wellbeing of children and young people,
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
What will I learn?
- Unit 01 Understanding mental health,
- Unit 02 Understanding stress,
- Unit 03 Understanding anxiety,
- Unit 04 Understanding phobias,
- Unit 05 Understanding depression,
- Unit 06 Understanding postnatal depression,
- Unit 07 Understanding bipolar disorder,
- Unit 08 Understanding schizophrenia,
- Unit 09 Understanding dementia,
- Unit 10 Understanding eating disorders,
- Unit 11 Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ADHD,
- Unit 12 Understanding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder OCD,
- Unit 13 Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder PTSD.
How will I be assessed?
Learners will complete an online assessment which is internally assessed.
What may it lead to?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Level 2 and 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England,
- NCFE Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care,
- NCFE Level 2 Award in Awareness of Dementia,
- NCFE Level 2 and 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector,
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care,
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management,
- Intermediate and Advanced Apprenticeships in Health & Social Care.
- The learner must be 19 years old or over,
- The learner must live in the UK,
- The learner must not be in full-time education,
- The learner must have had permanent lawful residency in the UK/EU for the last three consecutive years,
- Students must have access to the internet and be able to communicate at Level 1 in English.
Additional Information & Other Costs
Our online courses have various start dates throughout the year, contact us for more information on the next available start date. Please contact Sharon Ventin on 01227 811 156 for more information. There are no fees for this course, however, a withdrawal fee of £200 is charged for learners that enrol onto a course and fail to complete without genuine reason.