When attending an Open Day you should make the most out of the opportunity to tour facilities, speak to tutors and ask any questions you may have. We’ve put together the top questions you should ask at an Open Day to help you make the right decision about your future.
Questions about your course
- What are the entry requirements?
- What level will I be starting at?
- What modules does the course cover?
- What is the timetable like?
- Are there any course materials that I need to get?
- How will I be assessed?
- What industry placements will I be expected to take part in?
- Which industries have the tutors worked in before?
- When should I apply and when will the interviews take place?
Questions about your progression
- What are the likely progression routes following my course?
- Where have previous students been employed after College?
- Will completing my course allow me to move on to university?
- What skills will I learn that will be useful for moving on to employment or university?
- What help will I receive when applying to university?
- How will industry placements help me in my future career?
Questions about College life
- What activities and trips are available to me as a student at College?
- What is the difference between studying at College and studying at Sixth Form?
- What facilities are available to me in between my lessons and classes?
- Where can I speak to somebody about financial aid for travel and course costs?
- What volunteering opportunities are available to me at College?
- How can I get involved with the Students' Union and what benefits are there to this?
If you’re still not sure, we have our admissions and careers guidance team on hand at Open Day to help you with any support you may need, whether that is subsidised travel, financial aid or just about any other queries you may have!
Sign up to our January Open Day here.