Canterbury College - Four Reasons to Study a T Level
Search form

Four Reasons to Study a T Level

T Levels are a new, 2-year qualification designed to give you a head start in the career you want.

T Levels involves more classroom study than apprenticeships, but more industry experience than A Levels. Similarly, there are no tuition fees to study a T Level if you start before you are 19, so this is a fantastic opportunity to take your learning to the next level and prepare yourself for your future.


1 T Level is equivalent to 3 A Levels

A T Level is alternative qualification to A levels, apprenticeships and other 16 to 19 courses, focusing on vocational skills. It is equivalent to 3 A Levels, meaning that it will help you enter skilled employment, higher study or apprenticeships with a recognised qualification.

Your T Level will be worth UCAS points – a T Level Distinction* is worth the same as 3 A levels at A* and is recognised by universities and other education providers, meaning that you can progress to further study if you wish to.


80% academic learning, 20% industry placement

As a T Level student, you will spend 80% of the course in your classroom, developing the skills that an employer will need. The other 20% of the course will be spent in a meaningful industry placement, where you will be able to put the new skills you have learned to the test. This will allow you to experience your chosen career and find an area that you want to specialise in before you enter full-time employment.


Get Ahead in Your Career

T Levels give you the chance to learn what a real career is like whilst you study. You will take part in an in-depth industry placement that lasts 45 days, you will have a good grounding and experience in the area you want to progress in to. Alongside your qualification, this experience will set you apart from other candidates as it will show that you are serious about pursuing a career in your chosen industry.



Designed with employers to provide skills for the future

T Levels have been designed with leading businesses and employers to give you the knowledge and skills you need. Over 200 businesses have been involved in the design of the course, meaning that the skills that you learn are also skills that are considered as important for the future by high-profile businesses.

At Canterbury College, we offer T Levels in several areas:

Education & Childcare



Design, Surveying and Planning for Construction

Digital Production, Design and Development

Management and Administration (Business Support)

 Find out more about T Levels here.