Updates: Colleges & Business Units | Commercial Outlets and Nurseries
Advice for: Students, Parents and Carers | College Applicants | Apprentices
For the fish goujons
For the tartare sauce
For the mushy peas
1. For the fish, fill a deep-fat fryer or a large, deep, heavy-bottomed pan two-thirds full with vegetable oil. Heat the oil to 190C or until a breadcrumb sizzles and turns golden-brown when dropped into it (CAUTION: Hot oil can be dangerous. Don't leave unattended).
2. Sprinkle the flour onto a plate. Beat the eggs in a bowl. Sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs onto a separate plate. Dredge the fish in flour, dusting off any excess, then dip them in the egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs until coated.
3. Cook in the deep-fat fryer for 2-3 minutes until golden-brown.
4. To prepare the tartare sauce, stir in the capers, gherkins, shallot and herbs into the mayonnaise. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
5. Serve the fish goujons with the tartare sauce and mushy peas on fresh bread and lemon wedges on the side. Delicious!
Top tip: To make the dish vegan, use tofu instead of fish, and vegan mayonnaise to make the tartare sauce.