Search form
Essential information
Title: BA (Hons) Public Services Management
Fee: £6000 p.a. UK and EU students

BA (Hons) Public Services Management

On graduation, you will be well equipped to enter a management career in the public services sector or other related industries.

UCAS codes

  • Institution name: University of Kent
  • Institution code: K24
  • Course code: L433
  • Campus name: Canterbury College
  • Campus code: C

What will I learn?

Over the academic year, you will study six modules: Managers and Organisations; Contemporary Social Policy; Law and the Workplace; Globalisation and Social Change; Explaining Crime; Managing Equality; and Promoting Diversity in the Public Services. For the double-weighted Final Research Project module, you will benefit from individual supervision for this element of your course. The project encourages you to investigate your individual areas of interest.

How will I be assessed?

You will research and submit a wide range of essays and presentations. At the end of each semester, an individual module will culminate in an examination. You will start your dissertation the first week of the academic year and submit by the end of May.

What may it lead to?

There are a wide range of management careers in the public, private and voluntary sectors. You may also choose to progress to postgraduate study at the University of Kent or another university. Previous students have joined social services, the immigration service, the police and the teaching profession or have completed their higher degrees.

Entry requirements

Applicants to the BA (Hons) Public Services Management degree programme should have successfully achieved an HND, foundation degree or equivalent qualification in a related discipline (240 credits).

Additional information & other costs

In association with the University of Kent.

Course fees for the 2020/21 academic year are £6000 p.a. for UK and EU students. For further information please refer to guidance from the UK Government and Student Finance England.

If you have a disability including learning difficulties, mental health or long term illness, you may be eligible to claim an allowance to cover extra costs both academic and personal. This is known as Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) and can be applied for through Student Finance at the same time as your student tuition fee and/or maintenance loan. Please refer to UK Government guidance for further information.

Disclaimer: In accordance with consumer law for higher education providers, Canterbury College makes every effort to ensure that the information contained on its website is fair and accurate to provide educational services, as described. The College reserves the right to change all information including fees, other costs, times, days and duration of courses and undertakes to keep applicants informed of any changes.

Contact us

We'd love to hear from you

New Dover Road
Canterbury, Kent

01227 811111