Updates: Colleges & Business Units | Commercial Outlets and Nurseries
Advice for: Students, Parents and Carers | College Applicants | Apprentices
Pedicures are a fantastic way to get new clients into the salon. It is a treatment that is often given as a treat, or is booked to make tired toes look respectable. Once a client has been made to look and feel better, they are much more inclined to repeat the process, and you will hopefully have gained a customer for life. This GTi Pedicure course teaches you how to complete a professional pedicure treatment.
• Hygiene, health & safety - Learn how to ensure the top standards of health and hygiene are practiced for your clients, self and surroundings.
• Products and equipment required – Find out what to use and the necessary products to buy for yourself or your salon in order to perform this treatment.
• Consultation procedures – Ensure that you gain the correct information from your clients before you commence with the treatment.
• Contra indications to treatment – What to look out for and how to recognise contra indications such as nail diseases and disorders.
• Application & removal – Learn a pedicure routine and recommended products for a long lasting result and leaving clients with healthy natural nails.
• Aftercare - Advice for your clients on correct treatment at home in between visits to the salon.
On top of your course fee, you will need to become a Guild Member (student), at the cost of £25. This is paid to the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists and includes:
• three months' membership with the Guild
• the latest edition of the Guild Gazette
Once you have booked your training course and paid the enrolment you will be sent a link to access and pay the theory fee of £25 directly through The Guild. You will be able to complete the theory modules for the course right away. You must have completed all theory modules prior to the practical session at Canterbury College. When you have successfully completed your practical training, your tutor will pass you and a GTi Certificate will be available for you to download or purchase on your portal.
You must attend both sessions in order to complete the qualification and achieve your certificate.
Please see our Group entry requirements
We'd love to hear from you
New Dover Road