This Acrylic course covers how to complete acrylic application, the application of tips and blending and demonstrates the correct removal techniques. The course also covers reception and consultation, contra-indications to treatment and aftercare advice. You will need to complete a set of tip and acrylic as well as free form acrylic structures. Please note, this course is for only available for internal students who are already studying at Canterbury College.
As a growing sector within the beauty industry this gel polish course provides the perfect treatment to add to your services. You are not required to have a qualification in manicures prior to attending this course as this is a standalone treatment and we will teach you everything you need to need to know to achieve perfect results. Topics covered include:
• Hygiene, health & safety - Learn how to ensure the top standards of health and hygiene are practiced for your clients, self and surroundings.
• Products and equipment required – Find out what to use and the necessary products to buy for yourself or your salon in order to perform this treatment.
• Consultation procedures – Ensure that you gain the correct information from your clients before you commence with the treatment.
• Contra indications to treatment – What to look out for and how to recognise contra indications such as nail diseases and disorders.
• Application & removal – Learn the correct application of acrylic as well as tip application, & removal of the of acrylic to ensure a lasting result for clients and healthy natural nail once removed.
• Aftercare - Advice for your clients on correct treatment at home in between visits to the salon.
Additional information & other costs
Whether you want to start work in the professional beauty sector or you wish to add new treatments to the services you already offer, our GTi-accredited short courses offer the quickest and most convenient route to getting qualified.
The course is fully accredited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists, the UK’s leading professional beauty trade body, for membership and insurance purposes.
On top of your course fee, you will need to become a Guild Member (student), at the cost of £25. This is paid to the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists and includes:
• three months' membership with the Guild
• the latest edition of the Guild Gazette
• access to complete the Professional Standards for Therapists qualification (RRP £58.80).
If the course is completed before the membership is up, for an additional cost, the learner can take out insurance with the Guild (optional).
If, after the three months, the learner wants to stay a member, they can receive a £10 discount to stay a member for the remainder of the year.
If you are already a full-paying member of the Guild, you do not need to pay this extra £25.