Following an incident just after 1pm on Tuesday 8 December, Victoria Copp-Crawley, Principal of Ashford College, said: “Fumes with smoke within one of the art and design studios at the College triggered our sensors today. Kent Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to this, and students and staff were all safely evacuated from the site. The fumes and smoke have now been cleared from the building. I’d like to pay tribute to the fire service for their quick actions, and also to our students and staff who remained calm and swiftly exited the building in an orderly fashion.”
You can keep up to date by following us on social media to get the latest updates.