Award in 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) Level 3
This programme is designed for those with little or no previous experience of 3D Computer Aided Design who wish to gain a basic understanding. It would be advantageous for prospective students to have some experience of drawing in their vocational area.
What do I need to start the course?
Preferably, students will have good practical experience and a competence equal to that achieved through 2D CAD level 2 (CGLI 4353-01, 7579-02 or 7689-04).
What are the benefits?
- Provide students with skills and knowledge necessary to become competent users of AutoCAD software able to produce a wide range of 3D objects and models;
- Provide a nationally recognised qualification;
- Provide professional development opportunities;
- Capacity to download AutoDesk student version products for free.
What courses can I progress onto?
Advance professional courses tailored to individual needs.
What careers and jobs can the course lead to?
- Employment as a CAD operator;
- Career enhancement where knowledge and ability in 3D CAD are required.